[systemd-devel] diverting HandlePowerKey

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 16 07:03:29 PDT 2012

>> Openbox is actually running as a user process so it has no greater rights
>> than the user; that makes the use of a more capable daemon a bit more
>> reasonable.
>
> No, if your action just runs `oblogout` (and possibly `systemctl
> suspend`), then the capabilities of a normal user are sufficient.

Mantas, I think you are right that openbox can call oblogout, but my existing
oblogout is trying to call shutdown, halt, hibernate  etc etc and aren't those
the things that HandlePowerKey is supposed to protect? I suppose there are dbus
messages that can be used with consolekit, but that's just the more capable
daemon again. Currently my oblogout is doing nasty things like sudo shutdown ie
it gives itself super powers in a rather brutal way.
--
Robin Becker