[systemd-devel] dmraid devices considered dead

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 08:20:41 PST 2012

В Sat, 22 Dec 2012 15:35:24 +0400
Ilya Basin <basinilya at gmail.com> пишет:

>     UDEV  [3.819854] add      /devices/virtual/block/dm-3 (block)
>     ACTION=add
>     DEVNAME=/dev/dm-3
>     DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/block/dm-3
>     DEVTYPE=disk
>     DM_UDEV_DISABLE_DISK_RULES_FLAG=1
>     DM_UDEV_DISABLE_OTHER_RULES_FLAG=1
>     DM_UDEV_DISABLE_SUBSYSTEM_RULES_FLAG=1
>     MAJOR=254
>     MINOR=3
>     SEQNUM=711
>     SUBSYSTEM=block
>     USEC_INITIALIZED=513

It looks like systemd rules are not present in initrd either.

> 1) The main question is: why do the properties vanish?

Likely because udev database is not inherited from initrd. Quoting
10-dm.rules:

#                                         The trigger with "add" event is
# also used at boot to reevaluate udev rules for all existing devices activated
# before (e.g. in initrd). If udev is used in initrd, we require the udev init
# script to not remove the existing udev database so we can reuse the information
# stored at the time of device activation in the initrd.