[systemd-devel] process change default scheduler - please help - desperate

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Dec 31 06:31:56 PST 2012

On Sun, 30.12.12 18:50, JB (general at itpsg.com) wrote:

> Bottom line is I need to give a process started by systemd and any
> process started by that process some privileges to chanage scheduler
> and other things when it starts.  How do I tell systemd to grant
> these privileges to one of it's services?

This is unfortunately a limitation of the Linux kernel's "cpu" cgroup
controller. By default we add all system services to their own cgroups
in the "cpu" hierarchy in order to even out the CPU usage between the
services even if they have drastically different numbers of
processes/threads each.

Here's how you work around this limitation:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-November/003793.html

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.