[systemd-devel] Graphical tool for analysing dependency graph

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Thu Jan 12 06:40:52 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 15:24,  <David.Yates at continental-corporation.com> wrote:

> I just wondered whether anyone knew of a tool that could create a graphical
> view of the dependency graph created by systemd at run-time.
>
> For an embedded project in which we are integrating systemd, it would make
> life easier if we could analyse graphically the dependency graph offline
> rather than on the target itself.

Check:
  $ systemctl dot
It also has some options. All of it might need some love, I guess, but
that should provide a good starting point if you want to look into it.

If you are only interested in timing data, try:
  $ systemd-analyze blame

Or want to see a 'bootchart'-like thing, try:
  $ systemd-analyze plot > sd.svg && eog sd.svg

Kay