[systemd-devel] socket failed to queue socket startup job: Transport endpoint is not connected

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Fri Jan 20 21:33:39 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 06:11, Albert Strasheim <fullung at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 5:05 AM, Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 18.01.12 12:06, Albert Strasheim (fullung at gmail.com) wrote:
>> Just for the sake of the Google archives: Michal fixed that in git
>> today.
>
> That was quick. Thanks very much.
>
> Any chance this can be rolled into an update for Fedora 16?
>
> It's probably a bit tricky since journald landed in v38. I guess you
> would either have to branch off v37.1 for fixes only, or package v39
> without enabling journald and related changes on F16?

It needs to be backported to F16's version then. We usually do not do
version updates in released products.

> Do you have a general plan for how systemd's quick development cycle
> is going to interact with distributions packaging slightly older
> versions and finding bugs? It's still some way off, but how is it
> going to work when someone finds a bug in RHEL 7's systemd?

Bugs will be fixed in the package, independently for that version, or
by backporting upstream fixes from newer versions. Upstream is usually
not involved in releasing branches for older releases used in
distributions.

Kay