[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd v39

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at medozas.de
Wed Jan 25 02:11:24 PST 2012

On Wednesday 2012-01-25 02:02, Lennart Poettering wrote:

>People have been asking us to maintain a NEWS file for systemd. We have
>now added that:
>http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/plain/NEWS
>I have included all news from the previous release v38 there, please
>have a look.

>[v39]
>* If a group "adm" exists, journal files are automatically
>  owned by them

This sounds like it has the potential that journal files suddenly
beomce writable by a random user group that has existed previously.

>[v38]
>* Output of SysV services is now forwarded to both the console
>  and the journal by default, not only just the console.

I would actually prefer if it wrote that to the current tty that
invoked the start action, rather than the console which is stowed
away in a deep cellar...

>* Processes with '@' in argv[0][0] are now excluded from the
>  final shut-down killing spree

Did you consider