[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] Interface Portability And Stability Chart

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jan 25 12:01:52 PST 2012

Heya,

to be nice to those who are interested in maintaining a level of
compatibility with the interfaces we have introduced with systemd
without making use of systemd, I have put together this extensive (and
hopefully comprehensive) table:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/InterfacePortabilityAndStabilityChart

Many of these APIs are already in heavy usage by applications and 3rd
party code.

Of course, it's up to you to decide whether your time is best spent on
reimplementing these systemd interfaces instead of just adopting
systemd right-away...

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.