[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] Interface Portability And Stability Chart

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Jan 25 14:12:00 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 25.01.12 13:04, William Swanson (swansontec at gmail.com) wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Lennart Poettering
>> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>> > Many of these APIs are already in heavy usage by applications and 3rd
>> > party code.
>>
>> The Arch Linux native initscripts just recently adopted your
>> /etc/locale.conf file, and could go in the "Known Other
>> Implementations" column for that.
>>
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Locale.conf
>
> Thanks! Added!

For what it's worth, Arch's also has support for:

/etc/tmpfiles.d
/etc/hostname
/etc/sysctl.d
/etc/vconsole.conf
/run

In addition to the initrd interfaces for fsck and shutdown (but they
are not in the table).

(I tried to add this myself to the chart, but it appears it is immutable.)

Cheers,

Tom