[systemd-devel] Moving to systemd39: early kernel msg missed in rsylog logs

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Jan 27 03:46:32 PST 2012

Hi *

I just moved my ArchLinux based server from systemd37 to 39.
Basically all went well.
For successful logging via rsyslog I do following:
1.symlink /lib/systemd/system/rsyslog.service to
/etc/systemd/system/rsyslog.service
2.added in rsyslog.conf entry $SystemLogSocketName
/run/systemd/journal/syslog
3.run systemctl enable rsyslog.service

System boots OK.
Issue which I have is related to logging messages by rsyslog. I don't
have first 5-6 sec of booting in rsyslog logs.
i.e. first entry in rsylog's generated log files is from 10:42:22, while
systemd-journal show very early boot messages from 10:42:17 onward.
rsyslog logging start seems to be correlated with start of imklog as by
rsyslog files imklog also starts at 10:42:22.

All this is little strange for me as before moving production server to
systemd39 I make sure all is working OK with systemd39. I do this by
mirroring my whole server to VM and do tests.
Starting my server under VM gives me rsyslog files with all messages as
expected (according to logs imklog starts at very beginning).
Only difference between real server and VM is virtualization (CPU speed,
RAM and virtualized HW) so maybe may issue is result of some king of races ?

May somebody hint me how to resolve this issue ?

-br