[systemd-devel] Native PHP extension

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Tue Jul 3 00:04:32 PDT 2012

Starting with just sd_journal_send(), PHP now has the rumblings of a
native extension:

https://github.com/davidstrauss/systemd-php

Adding in the other functions will be relatively trivial. I'll also
add in optional error/exception hooks to trap fatal errors in a way
not possible with user PHP.

I'm now going with the naming convention of systemd-<language> now and
reusing the C names of the original functions. I'll be moving the
Python module to that shortly. It better reflects my interest in
including non-journal functionality like Type=notify support for
daemons.

As before with the Python library, I welcome feedback, criticism, and
(especially) pull requests.

I'm licensing everything MIT just so there's no question about code
mobility between the various language-specific extensions/modules.

--
David Strauss