[systemd-devel] Service reactivation with device plugging

Rob Spanton rspanton at zepler.net
Tue Jul 3 17:44:41 PDT 2012

Hi Mirco,

Mirco Tischler wrote:
> For clues on how to let udev start things for you see the
> systemd.device man page  A unit like this should work with udev
> activation:
>
> [Unit]
> Description=...
> BindTo=dev-serial-a.device dev-serial-b.device
> After=dev-serial-a.device dev-serial-b.device

I think I tried switching to use BindTo instead of Requires at some
point, and it still didn't get me what I wanted -- possibly due to some
interaction with the watchdog stuff that I was using.

I'll see whether I can replicate the situation.  If anyone knows of a
way of persuading udev to generate 'pretend' events for non-existent
devices, then replicating this in a way other people could see would be
made much easier...

Cheers,

Rob