[systemd-devel] Integration with Buildroot (uclibc-based runtime): patches suggested

Dmitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 07:13:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

Tomasz Torcz wrote:

>  Wouldn't it be better (and beneficial to others) to implement missing
>  functionality in uclibc?

I am not a maintainer of uclibc (and not a maintainer of buildroot
either, just a contributor of few packages). I cannot answer this,
sorry.

Kay Sievers wrote:

> Looks like. All of these functions seem generally useful and should
> not be worked around in user code which relies on them.

I think this is a goal of uclibc (just IMHO) not to implement every
extension glibc has, saving on code size. Besides there are
glibc-based toolchains for buildroot, I am just not using them.

Well, OK. I suspect that there is not so much interest to accept these
patches upstream, correct?

Thanks.

--
Dmitry Golubovsky