[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 186

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jul 17 09:06:20 PDT 2012

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 03/07/12 20:25 did gyre and gimble:
>         * timedated will now read known NTP implementation unit names
>           from /usr/share/systemd/ntp-units.d/*.list,
>           systemd-timedated-ntp.target has been removed.

Just because I've not seen fedora updaing their packages yet to do this
(so I cannot copy it), I figured I'd comment and say that timedated
actually searches in the following folders:

 "/etc/systemd/ntp-units.d",
 "/run/systemd/ntp-units.d",
 "/usr/local/lib/systemd/ntp-units.d",
 "/usr/lib/systemd/ntp-units.d",

NOT in  /usr/share/systemd/ntp-units.d/*.list

It has no respect for any configure-based prefixes and this list is hard
coded.

Just in case any others are tripped up by this :)

Cheers

Col

--

Colin Guthrie