[systemd-devel] Systemd-timedated-ntp.target removal question.

Apostolos Bartziokas barz621 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 05:40:14 PDT 2012

First of sorry for bringing this to the devel mailing list but there is
no user mailing list for trivial questions.

After the removal of systemd-timedated-ntp.target my tty1 hangs at
Starting Network Time with a blinking cursor under it. It also broke
Gnome Network time but thats a gnome problem. Other than that
ntpd.service runs fine and the system boots OK.

I read that the new implementation checks for the:
"/etc/systemd/ntp-units.d", "/run/systemd/ntp-units.d",
"/usr/local/lib/systemd/ntp-units.d", "/usr/lib/systemd/ntp-units.d"
folders.

I searched on the internet and haven't found an example of what should
be in these folders. Do i just copy ntpd.service in one of them?? Is
there anything else i should do??

Thanks in advance.

Apostolos B.