[systemd-devel] systemd prevents pulseaudio from shutting down

Robert Buhren robert at robertbuhren.de
Sun Jun 3 02:35:10 PDT 2012

Hello,

i'm using "ecryptfs" to encrypt my home directory and "pam_mount" to
have it automatically
mounted/unmounted at login/logout. The unmounting never worked and i
discoverd that a pulseaudio process of my user was keept running
although my user was already logged out. This process had some files
opened  in "~./pulse" which is why i think my home dir is not unmounted.
The only client that was accessing my pulseaudio process was the module
systemd-login.c

[pulseaudio] main.c: 1 client(s) logged in.
[pulseaudio] main.c:     index: 0
[pulseaudio] main.c:     driver: <module-systemd-login.c>
[pulseaudio] main.c:     owner module: 19
[pulseaudio] main.c:     properties:
[pulseaudio] main.c:             application.name = "Login Session 2"
[pulseaudio] main.c:             systemd-login.session = "2"

I already tried using "KillUserProcesses=yes" in "logind.conf",to to
have systemd kill all user process on logout, but it didn't help.

So is it true that systemd keeps my pusleaudio alive? If so how can i
avoid that? And is this behavior intended?

Thanks in advance,

Robert