[systemd-devel] using native *.mount units instead of /etc/fstab - unpredictable state in case of many disks

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 11:18:54 PDT 2012

Hello.
I've hit by a strange issue on a machine with 8 hard disks. if I list
them all in /etc/fstab they mounts fine. If I provide native *.mount
files then almost every reboot one or several disks failed to mount
(with 32 error, e.g. "code=exited, status=32", which means that no
hadrwae is available at the moment of mount attempt, wrong fs, etc).
If I login and run "systemctl restart media-mypathX.mount" it mounts
just fine. Here is how these *.mount files looks like (no RAID, no
LVM, etc - just plain alone single-partitioned hard disk):

[Unit]
Description=Random Stuff Directory
#After=media.mount systemd-udev-settle.service dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-heap.device
After=media.mount
Before=nfs-server.service

[Mount]
#What=LABEL="heap"
What=/dev/disk/by-label/heap
Where=/media/heap
Type=xfs
Options=defaults,noatime,nodiratime

You can see - I tried to start it after systemd-udev service as well
as after appropriate *.device but w/o success. Also I tried to mount
using labels and using corresponding paths. No success either.

Could someone point me out what did I miss? I'm sure there is some
specific *.service or *.target file I must add it as a dependency.
Fedora 18 if it matters.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.