[systemd-devel] systemd-udevd: excessive I/O usage

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Mon Jun 4 14:19:14 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Peeters Simon <peeters.simon at gmail.com> wrote:
> actually, here it is (forgotten attachment)

Could you recreate the bootchart, but this time, boot with
"initcall_debug=1" on the kernel commandline as well?

This may provide some hints why your system is taking very long to
start doing readahead.

You'll want to disable the bootchart collector stuff (well, all of it)
for the fedora bootchart package - better to uninstall it entirely.

You might want to disable vconsole-setup if you never work on the
console, and don't need fancy fonts and keyboard setups on the
console.

Other than that, I can see mounting takes a bit (2-3 secs) which is
indicative of your hard disk speed.

Try removing the /.readahead file and rebooting twice before
generating another bootchart.

Auke