[systemd-devel] How to interact with `systemd --user`?

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 12:29:47 PDT 2012

    Hello all!

    I want to play a little with systemd, but first I want to use it
in a "sandbox" user, thus I start it (as non-root) from a console with
      systemd --log-level=info --default-standard-output=inherit
--default-standard-error=inherit

    Unfortunately I'm unable to figure it out how to interact with
systemd... It seems `systemctl` complains about not being able to
connect to D-BUS, and after checking the Internet and `strace`-ing it
I figured that it only works with the systemd as PID 1...

    But still, how to interact with the session-local systemd instance?

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.

    P.S.: It seems that without `--default-standard-output=inherit
--default-standard-error=inherit` I'm unable to start as a service not
even `/bin/true` as it complains something about `STDOUT`...