[systemd-devel] setting up to allow separate udev and systemd builds

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Jun 20 00:38:22 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 06:44:25PM +0200, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> This is not about the files from systemd. It's about the dependencies.
> Every user of a source based distro, that only wants systemd now has to
> first install dbus then udev, and then remove dbus again.

Shouldn't the build system do this automatically?

I can understand it is inconvenient and makes things slower, but if
you're building from source anyway, a few build time dependencies
is ok?

Trying to see this in relation to jhbuild. There I hate webkit and
mozilla, but those are in a different order than what is discussed here.

--
Regards,
Olav