[systemd-devel] login/logout hooks in fedora 17?

Thu Jun 21 10:01:54 PDT 2012

On 06/21/2012 02:59 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Wed, 20.06.12 21:26, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano (nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU) wrote:
>> Thanks for the advice, sounds like the right solution[*]. I managed
>> to get pam_script going. Right now it is at the end of postlogin in
>> /etc/pam.d/ (after several earlier choices) and it works. Half of
>> the time. Literally. The open session script triggers with a gdm
>> login into a gnome session, but the close session script does not
>> trigger with a logout.
>>
>> But both scripts trigger on ssh logins and logouts. Systemd seems to
>> to be happy (at least I see messages in dbus-monitor). But pam,
>> somehow, does not get the right push when I logout of a gnome-shell
>> session (this is all in fc17).
>>
>> So, who is missing a message? (or whatever) Pam? Gnome-shell?
>> Systemd? Another obscure little piece of the puzzle that I can't yet
>> see?
>
> Hmm, so if the PAM sessoin end hooks are not called then this would be a
> bug in gdm. Did you check auth.log whether the session logout hooks log
> anything there?

Nothing there that I can see (/var/log/secure in fc17).

It does not look like it is a problem in gdm alone, I just decided to
give up on gdm and tried kdm, but it exhibits the same behavior (open
session script gets called, close session script is ignored).

I did some find/grep in the source of gdm yesterday and did not find pam
stuff. It does not look like gdm itself is dealing with pam directly.
How does the "chain of command" work these days?

-- Fernando