[systemd-devel] systemd based gnome-session

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Mon Jun 25 11:11:24 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Peeters Simon <peeters.simon at gmail.com> wrote:
> hej all,
>
> I have worked a bit on a systemd based replacement for the gnome-session binary.
> The code is available at https://github.com/SimonPe/lightSM.
> Most of the important information is in the readme.
>
> If you configure it without the GNOME flag, it should also be portable
> to other desktop environments.

ugh

this is starting to duplicate almost all the functionality that I've put in
xorg-launch-helper and user-session-units.

Not to mention the code looks... well, pretty much the same as we've
had in uxlaunch/user-session for almost 3 years. Some attribution would
be nice.

But aside from that, we should not let that go much further. Working
besides each other is just silly. (although I'll flat-out refuse to work
with CMake, sorry).

> In the gnome directory you can find a daemon i use to catch/forward
> logout, shutdown and reboot requests from shutdown.
> If you plan on creating such a DBus forward daemon for your DE, take a
> look at the DBus oriented pseudo language i created in dbus_lang.h.

That's cool. We certainly will want to make that work for other desktops
as well. Standardization should be key here.

Auke