[systemd-devel] mysqld about back to use mysqld_safe in Fedora

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 07:49:45 PDT 2012

On 06/27/2012 02:50 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
> Another issue is the PID file guessing. It usually works fine, but if we
> want to be sure what pid is monitored, we should use PIDFile= option.
> However, when we use this we don't know when the pidfile is created,
> while waiting some sane time is not a nice solution and could bring
> another issues. Using notify feature doesn't helps us, since we used
> Type=forking.

Thinking a bit about this issue, it would be good if systemd had
something like WaitForPidFile=true option and didn't leave ExecStart=
section in this case until the pid file (specified by PIDFile=) would be
created. Using this we could possibly get rid of scripts like
mysqld-wait-ready, which simply wait for service to be ready. Thoughts?

Honza