[systemd-devel] systemd numbers for Debian Sid/unstable system

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 27 13:32:51 PDT 2012

On Wed, 27.06.12 21:59, Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen at err.no) wrote:

> ]] Lennart Poettering
>
> > Hmm, the other distributions have an #ifdef TARGET_FOOBAR section in
> > vconsole-setup for that. Debian currently doesn't. I'd be willing to add
> > a patch that parses the old DEbian configuration files, to implement the
> > fallback.
>
> We use the X11 keyboard definitions.  Are you sure you want to
> completely reimplement console-setup? :-)

Ah, hmm. I heard of that. Can you explain how precisely that works? Do
you actually use the same keybaord definitions, i.e. have converted them
to console definitions? Or do you just share the same naming namespace?

Presumably the console kbd subsystem is much less powerful than X, so i
wonder how this maps.

Any docs available for this?

Honestly this actually sounds a lot better than the non-sense we are
currently doing. This probably something we should just follow debian
in. (and iirc i saw a feature flying by about this for fedora...)

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.