[systemd-devel] mysqld about back to use mysqld_safe in Fedora

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 27 21:04:19 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-28 at 04:02 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 28.06.2012 02:21, schrieb Tom Lane:
> >
> >> I am pretty sure "on-abort" is actually what you really want here, no?
> >> The PID file checking sounds like a hack to achieve the same?
> >
> > every production installation of mysql in the world
> > runs underneath mysqld_safe, and has done for the last ten years or
> > more
>
> yes because maintainers like you are not proceeding

Maintainers like him are giving the rest of us (including you) something
really good [1] for free, while your only involvement seems to be
limited to ranting and insulting people on various mailing lists.

Maintainers like him are wasting a lot of their valuable and limited
time reading emails from poisonous people like you.

Honestly, after all the ad-hominems, nonconstructive criticism, and more
generally poisonous rants you've spread on the Fedora development
mailing list and here, I would have hoped the respective ML admins would
have banned you by now.

[1] I mean it, I'm using Tom's PostgreSQL packages in production and
they work great! Thank you very much for your work Tom, it is much
appreciated.

--
Mathieu