[systemd-devel] StandardOutput to file

Martín Marqués martin.marques at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:45:35 PDT 2012

Maybe my problem is that I'm new to systemd, but I can't make systemd
do what I did with system V, particularly with PostgreSQL server.

I the old system, I had the script make a redirection of the pg_ctl
(postgresql script for starting, stopping, etc the server) output to a
file, which would be the log file (default behaviour in Debian).

The thing is that systemd doesn't let you send StandardOutput to a
file. Best solution (which is how I'm doing it right now) is to send
it to syslog and configure syslog accordingly. This is not the best
solution, but it's the closest I found to what I wanted.

The question would be: Is there some kind of work around, that doesn't
involve using syslog, to log to a file? Are there plans on letting
StandardOutput have a "file" option?

TIA

--
Martín Marqués