[systemd-devel] pam_systemd.so and su

Canek Peláez Valdés caneko at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:08:50 PDT 2012

Hi; I'm using systemd 43 in Gentoo, and I usally have this line at the
end of /etc/pam.d/system-auth:

-session        optional        pam_systemd.so

When I use su to become root, after logout the following message appears:

 ...killed.

Not always, but most of the time. Without the line with
pam_systemd.so, the message never appears.

So, two questions:

1. Why is my session being killed at logout time?

2. The pam_systemd.so is really necessary? The "...killed." message
appears after two or three seconds, and it's slightly annoying.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México