[systemd-devel] pam_systemd.so and su

Canek Peláez Valdés caneko at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 17:26:53 PDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Kok, Auke-jan H
<auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi; I'm using systemd 43 in Gentoo, and I usally have this line at the
>> end of /etc/pam.d/system-auth:
>>
>> -session        optional        pam_systemd.so
>>
>> When I use su to become root, after logout the following message appears:
>>
>>  ...killed.
>>
>> Not always, but most of the time. Without the line with
>> pam_systemd.so, the message never appears.
>>
>> So, two questions:
>>
>> 1. Why is my session being killed at logout time?
>>
>> 2. The pam_systemd.so is really necessary? The "...killed." message
>> appears after two or three seconds, and it's slightly annoying.
>
> please read `man pam_systemd`...

OK, done. Still doesn't understand. The kill-session-processes option
is not set, so it should default to "no", right? Also, my
/etc/systemd/systemd-logind.conf has no options set, in particular
KillOnlyUsers is not set, and therefore is should default to "no",
right? So, again, if both options are no, what is killing my session
at logout time?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés