[systemd-devel] PATCH: fix sparse warnings

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Thu Mar 22 10:32:56 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>> Here is a patch integrating your header (modified as wanted by Lennart)
>> and the changes in various locations of journal to use le64_t.
>>
>> It also fixes some potential endianness errors, please review it
>> carefully.
>
> Looks good to me. Applied!
>
> Now, one more question, since I actually never used sparse myself:
> what's the best way to make use of this? If I run autogen and build this
> with CC=cgcc some things look really borked (like generation of the dbus
> introspection files goes to stdout). Any suggestions?

I'd suggest including this in some 'make test' type target only, but
note that most of the stuff sparse throws our are warnings, and so any
form of automation isn't really helpful with sparse.

Sparse checking is great, just like many other tools like valgrind,
etc. , but, skilled eyes are required to make sense of the output.

Auke