[systemd-devel] RFC : PATCH: initial implementation of system wide rlimit

Sven Anders anders at anduras.de
Mon Mar 26 15:04:06 PDT 2012

Am 26.03.2012 19:37, schrieb Lennart Poettering:

> I mean, allowing configuration of separate values for normal user logins
> makes sense. For system services not so much. But with these settings
> you'd configure the latter, not the former, hence I have trouble seeing
> the usefulness of allowing two values to be configured.
>
> pam_limits is usually used to apply resource limits to normal logins.

Just me 2¢:

It would only make sense to set a default limit for the user processes, if
the system do not use any other mechanism (like pam) to set it.
Maybe useful for embedded systems, where pam isn't installed?

Regards
 Sven Anders

--
 Sven Anders <anders at anduras.de>                 () UTF-8 Ribbon Campaign