[systemd-devel] systemd-fsck and ext4 blocksize

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Fri Mar 30 02:58:57 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 04:44, Jean-Luc Duprat <jld at acm.org> wrote:
> My system has an ext4 filesystem with 4K blocks, so I need to pass the -b
> 32768 option e2fsck when I check it.
>
> When systemd-fsck attempts to check that filesystem, it doesn't pass the
> appropriate flag; as a result the fail checks and the boot process stops.
> How do I teach systemd-fsck how to check that filesystem?  Is there a place
> I can specify the e2fsck options it should use?

No, the fsck.<fstype> program needs to find that out on its own, and
better doesn't rely on some options passed to it by a user.

Systemd can not really be involved in options like that, it just calls
the plain 'fsck' tool, and does not really want to know what's going
on with filesystem specifics.

Kay