[systemd-devel] Unit configuration for FUSE file system

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:18:48 PDT 2012

2012/5/2 Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org>:
> On 05/02/2012 03:53 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> On Sat, 28.04.12 20:41, Nikolaus Rath (Nikolaus at rath.org) wrote:
>> automatically, without any manual kludges. We won't support any other
>> hacks in systemd. Sorry.
>

> Ah, ok. Mounting with /bin/mount -t <myfusefs> works just fine, so I
> should be good on that side. What I'm worried about is unmounting. The
> file system can be unmounted with "umount /mntpoint", but when this
> command returns, the mount helper that was started by /bin/mount is
> still running and doing important things. Will systemd notice this and
> act accordingly (e.g., wait for this process to terminate before
> stopping the network)?

Hi,

because your fs is not terminated (as I understand it) when umounted
(as I read it some caching) the umount action is not the thing systemd
should react on.

That's why I advise to use a pidfile systemd can watch. When ready,
remove the pidfile. I do not know this is possible in the systemd
mount context, but as far as I know with the service files.

Stef