[systemd-devel] SegFaults?!

Sven Anders anders at anduras.de
Mon May 7 03:07:36 PDT 2012

Am 04.05.2012 12:28, schrieb Sven Anders:
> Am 03.05.2012 21:12, schrieb Sven Anders:

>>> Hmm, I don't see how a system call would result in a SIGSEGV. This is
>>> really weird...
>>>
>>> The fd[] array passed to pipe() is allocated on the stack. This suggests
>>> that your stack is getting corrupted somehow.
>>>
>>> Do things work correctly if you run stuff with --no-pager?
>>
>> Curiously not. Only if I run this in valgrind...
>>
>> I had another strange SegFault when using systemd-journalctl, but this
>> is now gone... So I suspected a misconfiguration first...
>>
>> This is the same compilation and other tools and systemd itself are
>> running fine. I'm trying this in KVM with Linux kernel 3.2.2.
>
> This only sees to happen, if I link the binaries with -pie . Have no idea
> what is causing this yet. Will investigating this further...

Ok, just for reference.
I track the problem down. My problem was, that the libraries were compiled
without the PIE flags and the executable were linked with -pie.

I corrected this and it works now without any problems...

Regards
 Sven Anders

--
 Sven Anders <anders at anduras.de>                 () UTF-8 Ribbon Campaign