[systemd-devel] [JOB] Sponsored work on expiry logic for .autmount units!

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 7 14:07:31 PDT 2012

Heya,

David Strauss is offering to pay for work that makes systemd handle
autofs expiry events for .automount units properly (so that automounts
are automatically unmounted after a short period of non-usage).

I'd expect this patch to be relatively straight-forward to do (just add
an ExpiryUsec= field to .automount units, plus x-systemd-expire-usec as
fstab option, and hook it up with the event from the kernel, test it
thoroughly and update the man page for it, then submit and repeat/fix
until we are happy), and might be easy earned money for somebody who
wants to get started with systemd hacking? Might be something like a
GSOC project without being GSOC.

Anyway, if you are interested, contact David and me on IRC or by mail.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.