[systemd-devel] Have custom agetty behaviour even after upgadres

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Mon May 14 11:51:30 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 08:39:23PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 10.05.12 23:27, Seblu (seblu at seblu.net) wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > on my archlinux test computer i would have first console not cleaned
> > and other spawned statically (crazy idea isn't it).
> >
> > So I've turned NAutoVTs to 1 in /etc/systemd/systemd-logind.conf.
> > I've copied /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty at .service into
> > /etc/systemd/system/ and patched as following:
>
> > My issue is at every systemd package upgrade, getty at tty1.service is
> > replaced by a new one linked to
> > /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty at .service.
> > And i loose my configuration.
>
> This sounds like a packaging problem downstream, nothing we can fix upstream.

Strange that you say that, since make install does the following:

  ( cd $(DESTDIR)$(pkgsysconfdir)/system/getty.target.wants && \
    rm -f getty at tty1.service && \
    $(LN_S) $(systemunitdir)/getty at .service getty at tty1.service )

See line 3128ish on git master. This is absolutely something that we (Arch
Linux) inherit from upstream.