[systemd-devel] Breaking ordering cycles... a suggestion.

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at err.no
Thu May 17 11:07:01 PDT 2012

]] Michael Biebl

> We've seen this quite often on Debian, too, due to sysv init scripts
> doing "interesting" stuff, like being both started in rcS.d and rc2.d.

This should have been fixed in e51db373c242b7541794affb2b5e411bcce26d0f.
More logic to handle non-sensical cases would be good.  We should
probably log those cases at some high priority so they have a chance of
being fixed, so we avoid the problem of them being hidden under the
carpet.

> Would be great if we somehow could mark dbus.service as essential so
> it is never kicked out.
> Dropping dbus.service (or dbus.socket) breaks your system badly.

Yes, very much so.

--
Tollef Fog Heen