[systemd-devel] Is there a general inittab entry replacement available?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue May 22 13:12:03 PDT 2012

Am 22.05.2012 22:06, schrieb Joachim Banzhaf:
> Thanks for your answers, all three of them!
>
> Am 22.05.2012 21:42, schrieb Tomasz Torcz:
>> Restart=always
> AFAIK SysV init restarts the service on failures immediatelly for some times, then uses a delay of some minutes
> before it retries, which seems sensible. If I understand systemd.service man correctly this is not possible?

Restart=always
RestartSec=1

this way it doe snot flood your system and prevents
race conditions, after too much retries systemd
will stop restarting (no value at my hands)

i use this for ALL relevant services (mail, http, mysql, samba, asterisk)
since months on every production server with no single problem