[systemd-devel] OT: Races with GDM3 and accountsservice

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 23 13:54:46 PDT 2012

Am Dienstag, den 22.05.2012, 23:48 +0200 schrieb Paul Menzel:
> Am Dienstag, den 22.05.2012, 18:41 +0200 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> > 2012/5/22 Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net>:
> > > 2. GDM 3 did not list the available users though, which had to be
> > > entered manually. After logging out again users are displayed fine.
> >
> > The user list is populated via accountsservice.
> > A D-Bus activated system service. accounts-daemon.service shows up in
> > your list above. So I'm wondering if there is genuine bug / race in
> > the way gdm interacts with accountsdaemon.
>
> It looks like a race. The next two system starts the user list was
> correctly populated and now it is not populated again.

After the third boot it worked too, but after the fourth it failed
again.

I do not know where to look for causes for this problem. I just found
the following.

        # less /var/log/gdm3/\:0-greeter.log
        gnome-session[951]: WARNING: Failed to start app: Unable to start application: Kindprozess »gnome-power-manager« konnte nicht ausgeführt werden (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
        Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-WARNING: Overriding tab label for notebook
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-WARNING: Overriding tab label for notebook
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-WARNING: Overriding tab label for notebook
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-WARNING: Overriding tab label for notebook
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-WARNING: Overriding tab label for notebook
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-WARNING: /tmp/buildd/gtk+3.0-3.4.2/./gtk/gtkwidget.c:7117: widget not within a GtkWindow
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-CRITICAL: gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width: assertion `width >= 0' failed
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-CRITICAL: gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_for_width: assertion `width >= 0' failed
        gdm-simple-greeter[1138]: Gtk-WARNING: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -47 and height -47
        Warnung der Fensterverwaltung:Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x1000007 (Anmeldefen)
        Warnung der Fensterverwaltung:meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Paul