[systemd-devel] Path to a mount point that begins with <dot> causes problems

Peter Lindgren lindgren.peter at gmail.com
Thu May 31 05:14:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using systemd-44 and experiencing some problems with my mount unit.

I have an /etc/systemd/system/.aufs-normal.mount file
-----
[Unit]
Description=normal mount

[Mount]
What=/dev/mmcblk0p5
Where=/.aufs/normal
Type=ext2
-----

I am able to run 'systemctl start .aufs-normal.mount' and 'systemctl stop
.aufs-normal.mount' to mount/unmount /dev/mmcblk0p5 correctly.

I then have created an /etc/systemd/system/dummy.service file
------
[Unit]
Description=Dummy service
Requires=.aufs-normal.mount
After=.aufs-normal.mount

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/dummy
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
-----

When I then run 'systemctl start dummy.service' systemd refuse to mount my
.aufs/normal directory.

If I rename the '.aufs' directory to 'aufs' in the example above it works
fine. I have tried to escape the <dot> without any success.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks,
Peter