[systemd-devel] [HEADSUP] fstab now parsed by generator in systemd git

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:43:37 PDT 2012

В Tue, 22 May 2012 20:03:40 +0200
Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> пишет:

> Heya,
>
> just a quick heads-up. I just commited to git some work that rips out
> the fstab parsing from PID 1 and places this in a generator instead.
> The idea is that sooner or later we only parse native unit files from
> PID 1, and everything else is transformed as needed with generators.
> This makes the core a bit smaller and simplifies a lot of things.

Sorry for picking up old stuff, but I'm, catching up with mail and did
not see answer in follow up discussion.

So how systemd is supposed to be informed about changes to /etc/fstab
during run-time? What partition tools need to do to ensure the same
state after creating new partition(s) that system would have after
reboot?

TIA

-andrey