[systemd-devel] pyload.service

Sw@g sweetthdevil at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:18:51 PST 2012

On 06/11/12 09:41, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Sw at g at 05/11/12 15:19 did gyre and gimble:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> As a Archlinux user which adopted systemd for the best, I moved my
>> system to it. I follow the wiki to start pyLoad as a service creating
>> the following file:
>> /etc/systemd/system/pyload.service (sweetth being my user)
> snip.
>
>> PIDFile=/run/pyload/pyload.pid
>> User=sweetth
> The problem here is likely that your user is not able to write in the
> /run/pyload folder in order to write the pid file and systemd will start
> the service, wait for the pidfile to appear and when it never shows up,
> kill the service again after a timeout.
>
> Simply create a tmpfiles.d snippet in /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/pyload.conf
> (or similar) with the following:
>
> d /run/pyload 0755 sweetth - -
>

> That should make the folder owned by your user and the service should
> startup fine (might need a reboot or running systemd-tmpfiles --create
> manually)
>
> See man systemd-tmpfiles for more info.
>
> Col

Dear Col,

Many thanks for your input, I did create the file as your suggest and
the folder /run/pyload belong to my user, however the service still crash.

See below systemctl status:

[sweetth at linuxbox ~]$  sudo systemctl status pyload.service
pyload.service - Downloadtool for One-Click-Hoster written in python.
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pyload.service; enabled)
       Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Tue, 2012-11-06 18:13:35
GMT; 4min 53s ago
      Process: 359 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pyLoadCore --daemon (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
       CGroup: name=systemd:/system/pyload.service

Nov 06 18:12:32 linuxbox pyLoadCore[359]: Daemon PID 381
Nov 06 18:13:35 linuxbox systemd[1]: Failed to start Downloadtool for
One-Click-Hoster written in python..
Nov 06 18:13:35 linuxbox systemd[1]: Unit pyload.service entered failed
state

Looking forward for your reply