[systemd-devel] I have switched libvirt-sandbox containers to use multi-user.target

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Nov 20 07:00:33 PST 2012

On Tue, 20.11.12 08:52, Daniel J Walsh (dwalsh at redhat.com) wrote:

> > Hmm, there is currently no option for that.
> >
> > A semi-dirty trick might be to over-bind-mount /etc/rc.d with something
> > empty?
> >
> > Lennart
> >
> What run levels would get executed?  I would prefer to mount over the empty
> run levels and allow an admin to be able to turn on a SysV init script.

Well, if you boot into multi-user then all sysv scripts enabled in
runlevel 2+3+4 are pulled in. If you boot into graphical, then all
services from 5 will be pulled in too.

Let me get this right: you want to disable all sysv scripts in the
container, but then allow the admin to reenable a few of his own choice?

If so, it might be possible to replace /etc/rc.d by something empty (but
persistent, if changed), and then mount /etc/rc.d/init.d into it from
the host system. That way the host's scripts are avaulable but the
enable/disable status is separate from the host?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.