[systemd-devel] logind: multiseat without framebuffer graphic cards

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Nov 22 04:34:01 PST 2012

Am 21.11.2012 20:23, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> I think there are other ways thinkable, where we don't have to add
> explicit nvidia-compatibility switches. For example, instead of
> explicitly watching for fb devices to show up before we consider a seat
> to be around, we could instead look for devices that are tagged with a
> special tag ("tag" as in udev's TAG= construct) -- we'd then tag all fb
> devices out-of-the-box this way, and people who want to use the nvidia
> binary driver can attach that tag to some kernel device the nvidia
> driver exposes, but I wouldn't have to care about that, and systemd
> upstream wouldn't need to know what people do locally.

Oh, I replied before I completely read your email, so what I wrote
earlier essentially says the same thing that you just said.

I was meaning to send a patch that does exactly this for a while, but
never got around to do it. This is exactly what I need for my custom
nvidia setups to integrate into logind. I would be very happy to see
this change in logind.