[systemd-devel] Question about journal: how to collect log messages from various /dev/log sockets, of chrooted services

Mike mike.almateia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 04:22:54 PST 2012

Hi,

My distribution has many isolated services with his /dev/log are
disposed within the environment of isolation, for example:
/var/lib/ldap/dev/log
/var/lib/openvpn/dev/log
/var/spool/postfix/dev/log

How to configure a journalD, which he could read such isolated sockets?
Now I see only one solution: to add the necessary sockets in
systemd-journald.socket file, but this approach is not distributive.
I would like to have the analog /etc/syslog.d which are symbolic links
to the insulated sockets or any other convenient method.