[systemd-devel] udev 182 and kernel 3.6.7

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 24 05:34:03 PST 2012

Am 24.11.2012 14:29, schrieb Kay Sievers:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Nelson <dimm0k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> While my issue is still with udev 182 and kernel 3.6.7, does
>> 70-persistent-cd.rules even get USED at all if it was created beforehand
>> with 183?
>
> Yes, it should still work. Just new devices would not be automatically added.
>
> Newer udev versions dropped all persistent rule generators, we will
> not create any system config from device hotplug handlers anymore. It
> turned out to be the wrong thing and it created more problems than it
> solved.

ah THAT is why i can creep around and write 70-persistent-net.rules by
hand - rhank you for making dealing with clones and probe-restores as
also new machines where you have NO SSH before network runs useless hard

if i boot with biosdevname=0 i expect a sueful behavior and the one
of 70-persistent-net.rules was PERFECT over many years