[systemd-devel] logind 196 keeps on locking my session

Paul Neumann paul104x at yahoo.de
Wed Nov 28 01:31:31 PST 2012

Hi all,

the new lock setting of HandleLidSwitch for logind in systemd 196 does
not work correctly for me. After setting the option and closing the lid
of my laptop, my session gets locked. However, as soon as I unlock the
session, it instantly gets locked again.

The following messages appear in the journal:
systemd-logind[325]: Lid closed.
systemd-logind[325]: Locking sessions...

Whereas the second message is repeated a couple of hundred times per
second.

I am using the lockscreen of gnome-screensaver in case that matters and
I would appreciate if someone could have a look into this.

Paul