[systemd-devel] journald leaking maps?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Oct 11 15:31:18 PDT 2012

Hi,

This has been discussion on IRC but I've not heard anything about it
specifically nor have I seen any commits relating to it.

Using journald without persistent logs (i.e. /run only), I see the
memory footprint of journald increasing over time.

Checking the maps shows a very high count:

[root at jimmy ~]# cat /proc/$(pidof systemd-journald)/maps | grep
/run/log/journal/6cb2a4b2bd6df042e57da8a4000001d4/system.journal | wc -l
1641

Something is obviously not good there! journald is using something in
the region of 250MB res.

What's the best way to debug this?

Col

--