[systemd-devel] no subject

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Oct 17 05:28:39 PDT 2012

On Wed, 17.10.12 16:16, Dennis Semakin (insane79 at yandex.ru) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently compiling systemd-194.
> Very often I get the error about undeclarated definitions MS_REC, MS_PRIVATE, MS_MOVE... in mount func.
> I know that's because of old glibc headers...
> But. may be it would be useful to write something like that:
>
> #ifndef MS_REC          /* May not be defined in older glibc headers */
> #define MS_REC 16384
> #endif
>
> #ifndef MS_PRIVATE      /* May not be defined in older glibc headers */
> #define MS_PRIVATE (1<<18) /* change to private */
> #endif
>
> #ifndef MS_SLAVE        /* May not be defined in older glibc headers */
> #define MS_SLAVE (1<<19) /* change to slave */
> #endif
>
> #ifndef MS_SHARED       /* May not be defined in older glibc headers */
> #define MS_SHARED (1<<20) /* change to shared */
> #endif
>
> For those who didn't want or can update glibc.

We actually have a number of definitions like these in
src/shared/missing.h. How old is your glibc? If it is Ok'ish old, and
you are convinced enough that there is value in supporting this upstream
we could add these missing definitions to missing.h given that the
change would be simple. Patch appreciated!

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.