[systemd-devel] Problem with systemd-timedated

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 03:37:11 PDT 2012

Hi,

After some update of systemd the systemd-timedated stopped starting
automatically which causes troubles for timezone settings. I cannot find
anything in logs. When I run it by hand everything works.

Any ideas what might caused it? I'm currently using systemd 198 (and 199
is just being installed).

# systemctl status systemd-timedated.service
systemd-timedated.service - Time & Date Service
          Loaded: loaded
(/usr/lib64/systemd/system/systemd-timedated.service; static)
          Active: inactive (dead)
            Docs: man:systemd-timedated.service(8)
                  man:localtime(5)

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/timedated
          CGroup: name=systemd:/system/systemd-timedated.service

# systemctl enable systemd-timedated.service
The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be
enabled using systemctl.

Best regards