[systemd-devel] seat1: X session gone after resume from RAM

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Sep 13 01:07:21 PDT 2012

On Sat, 25.08.12 14:21, Thomas Meyer (thomas at m3y3r.de) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using XFCE and defined a second seat via loginctl attach. I can work
> without any problems on my second seat, independently from seat0.
>
> But when I suspend to RAM and resume again, the X session on seat1 seems
> to have been closed and I need to login again?
>
> Bug or feature?

IIRC when the system suspends all USB devices appear as if they are
unplugged, and then after resume they appear as if they are
replugged. When logind and X11 see that the display device goes away
they will remove the seat/die. That makes your session go away.

IIRC for USB storage the kernel got updated to work around this and keep
the block device around during suspend. Most likely this needs to be
done for USB display devices as well. So my guess is that this is a
kernel issue to fix.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.