[systemd-devel] [RFC] logind lid switch inhibitors

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 12:07:40 PDT 2012

2012/9/18 Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM, David Herrmann
> <dh.herrmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I don't use any DEs but often close the lid while some background job
>> is running (compiler or whatever). Does that mean systemd would
>> suspend the machine in this case? I don't think I can convince the GCC
>> people to use systemd inhibitors (or do they already provide that?).
>
> There's always `systemd-inhibit --what=sleep make`...

Doing that for every long running job is cumbersome.

Making that configurable on the system(d) level as David suggests,
would be an option.
Either via a global on/off switch which disables the power management
options completely or more fine-grained, like e.g.
ActionSleepKey=ignore|sleep|hibernate|poweroff;
ActionLidClose=ignore|sleep|hibernate|poweroff;

universe are pointed away from Earth?